California. Best. Days. Ever.
You and 360 days of sunshine, pristine ocean, steps away from your classroom, California dreaming among the world’s best and brightest.
We’ve got it all!
Rub shoulders in class with world-renowned researchers, distinguished faculty, and the brightest students worldwide while taking courses and certificate programs for academic credit, professional development, and personal enrichment.
Discover. Experience. Grow.
University Immersion Program
Dive into the American University experience
- Unlock your potential! Study abroad side-by-side with American students at the University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB), a world-renowned leader in research and innovation beautifully located on the edge of the Pacific in southern California.
- Get ready for a successful career! Complete main campus UCSB courses and Professional Development courses at UCSB Professional and Continuing Education!
- Combine theory with practical, career-focused courses! Immerse yourself in US University life! Transfer credits earned to your home university! Boost your career by earning real-life professional skills!
- Admission year-round! Want more? If you study for two or more quarters/terms you can also earn a Professional Certificate through UCSB Professional and Continuing Education. To apply, complete the International Program Application online
Accelerate Your Career!
Get Ready to Learn Practical Skills and Boost Your Career Prospects
- Our professional certificates provide you with in-depth, practical, and career-focused skills
- Taught by career professionals and experts in their fields
- Gain invaluable insight into American professional life and work culture
- To apply, complete the International Program Application online
Certificate Programs to be Completed in 12 Credits/Quarter
Specialized Courses available to individual international students. Click here for Customized Group Programs for universities and agencies.
- Startup Boot Camp A must for all entrepreneurs! This two week course focuses on practical, real-world application of entrepreneurial skills and tools. It immerses participants in principles, concepts, skills, practices, information, and choices relevant for start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs, entrepreneurial managers, and their stakeholders!
- Intensive English Language Training - Coming soon! In this six week course, advance your general, academic, and conversational English language skills. The course focuses on all aspects essential to improving reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills, as well as presentation and conversation skills.
Optional Practical Training
Set yourself apart and gain real-life professional experience!
OPT allows you to set up a temporary (up to 12 months) employment in a field directly related to your major field of study.
At UC Santa Barbara, Division of Professional and Continuing Education, we offer the post-completion OPT.
Be Eligible for OPT
Have completed at least three consecutive quarters on a full-time basis at an SEVP-approved school; be in the U.S. at the time of your OPT application. Enroll in and successfully complete one of these qualifying UCSB Extension
Apply for OPT
Submit the OPT application package up to 90 days prior to your program end date and no later than 60 days after your program end date. Don't worry. We'll walk you through the process. For more information on the application process, click here.
Find a Qualifying Job
In OPT, you can work for any employer for the duration of your OPT, as long as the employment qualifies under OPT standards
Attend an OPT Workshop
At UC Santa Barbara, Division of Professional and Continuing Education, you must attend an OPT Workshop before you may apply for post-completion OPT. Request more information.
If you're in an English language training program, you are not eligible for OPT.
Welcome to the American Riviera
Golden hillsides cascade into sparkling seas
Mediterranean-style architecture gives way to abundantly sunny skies. Wine country and lush gardens welcome you to a life full of festivals, dance, and music.
Close to L.A. and Silicon Valley
With a vibrant economy, Santa Barbara is the "Silicon Beach" of the U.S. West Coast. With over 300 tech start-up companies in the area, the Central California Coast around Santa Barbara is one of the hottest tech hubs in the world!
"It was just amazing. The best 3 months of my life. There is nothing more that I can say, if you have the chance to study at the UCSB then do it."
– Joel-Luca Schnepper